This summer has been crazy! Our move and remodel were a lot more work than I had anticipated. I am so excited to share our kitchen remodel update. We are slowly finishing up the new house and have been living here since early June. My favorite project and the biggest undertaking has been our kitchen remodel. We completely gutted the previous kitchen, took out walls, windows, and moved plumbing, added gas lines, and completely reconfigured the design and space. We about tripled the kitchen in size from what it was previously. It has been my favorite project to date. It still in the works, the backsplash went in last week which I can’t wait to share more photos with you all. I need to put the finishing touches on styling the kitchen and decide if we should paint the island since we keep going back and forth!
A few design items that we did to make it more functional:
- Expanded the island – the island is where everyone gathers around so we designed the largest island we could in that space
- Double stacked our cabinets -Our ceilings are 10 feet tall so we have two sets of cabinets on top of each other to make the space feel even that much larger
- Full size fridge & freezer – we went with a full size refrigerator & freezer it adds so much more space for our food!
- Added a gas line for our oven range – I love cooking so we added a gas line for functionality
- Added a custom range hood – I pieced this together and found a local metal fabricator to build it
Stay tuned for more progress! I can’t wait to share more progress with you all! If you would like to see our kitchen remodel in our previous house click here.
Above photography by Jacquelines Wonderland
Sharing a few items that I love for styling a kitchen!
*This post contains affiliate links.